800 g diced chicken breast
2 tbs coconut oil
2 onions, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbs grated ginger
2 tbs finely chopped fresh coriander (include stalks)
1 green chilli (de-seed for milder version)
1 heaped tbs of ground turmeric
1 tbs ground coriander
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs garam masala
100 g coconut cream
1 tin (400 g) coconut milk
2 tbs ground almonds
– Heat the coconut oil and add the onions. Fry for about 5 mins until the onions are soft and translucent.
– Add the garlic, ginger, fresh coriander and green chilli and stir fry for 2 mins.
– Add the turmeric, coriander and cumin and stirfry for a minute.
– Add the coconut cream and stir for 1 min.
– Add the diced chicken. Stir to cover all chicken with spices and stir fry for 4 mins.
– Add the coconut milk, stir and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 20 mins.
– Add garam masala, ground almonds and salt to taste.